Dear Parents / Guardian,
Social media plays a huge part in most people’s lives, whether through Facebook, Twitter or other online forums. As a school, we have decided to trial the use of a Facebook group to promote our school and communicate with parents. We will share diary dates, achievements, reminders and other information via the group. The group will be a closed group. This will enable our parents to find the group, but all content will be hidden from general public view.
We hope that our school's Facebook group will allow our school community to stay up to date with activities through a medium preferred by an increasing number of people. Accessing and commenting in the St Cuthbert’s Junior School Facebook group, indicates you have read, understood and accepted our Facebook Page Guidelines as set out below.
St Cuthbert’s Junior School Facebook Group Guidelines:
Our Facebook group (please search of St Cuthbert’s Junior School ) has been set up to share details about the happenings at St Cuthbert’s Junior School and as an additional way to communicate with parents. To ensure this page is a positive reflection of the great things happening at our school, we ask you respect our Facebook Group Guidelines.
1. Facebook users who have joined our group are able to comment on the school's posts and events and on comments by other users. Users are not able to author a post of their own or load media such as video or photos.
2. We do not endorse children under the Facebook age threshold of 13 years creating their own Facebook accounts. We encourage parents to share our group with their children through their accounts and to use our Facebook group as a role model for communication through social media.
3. We encourage you to provide feedback and comments. However, we ask you be respectful and contribute in a positive and constructive manner. Should you wish to bring a concern to the school's attention, this should be done by contacting the school directly to ensure we are able to deal with this matter in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. The school will not respond directly to requests or messages on Facebook. If you need to contact the school, please speak to your child's teacher, or call the school office 01749 678066 or email SCH.email@example.com
5. You may use names in posts when you wish to acknowledge someone's great work or contribution. We wish our Facebook group to be used to build spirit and for 'patting someone on the back' publicly as we believe it goes a long way towards building a positive school and community. Where pupils are named, they should be referred to by their first name only.
6. As the group administrators, we reserve the right to remove any content which we deem to be in breach of these Facebook Group Guidelines. This includes discriminatory, illegal, obscene or misleading/fraudulent comments, spam or any content which deem inappropriate.
7. Our Facebook group will not be used as a platform to air grievances about the school or members of staff.
8. Should you fail to comply with the Facebook Group Guidelines, you may be removed from the St Cuthbert’s Junior School Facebook Group.
Thank you for connecting with us on the St Cuthbert’s Junior School Facebook group.
ICT Subject Leader
Parent interviews will be held on Monday 4th December & Tuesday 5th December 2017 with a late evening on Monday 4th December. Parent/Teacher appointments this term will be 10 minutes long. To book your appointment please log onto Parentmail, if you are not registered for Parentmail please contact the office to book you appointment. You will be able to book appointments from 10am Monday 20th November 2017. Autumn reports will be handed out before the parents’ evening so you will be able to discuss the report with the class teacher.